When it comes to helping others affected by leukemia, you can do many things that don’t involve donating money from your own pocket. Let’s face it, some of us just don’t have much money to donate. But don’t let that deter you from helping when you desire to do so.
Here are a few ideas you can use to help leukemia charities and touch those who are affected by the disease.
1. Donate To Leukemia Charities For Research – The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital are two places that you can donate money that you raise with fund raisers. It will take time and organizational skills on your part to have a successful fund raiser but the results are worth the effort. A few fund raiser ideas are:
yard / garage sale
beaded bracelets (children will enjoy taking part)
2. Donate Blood and/or platelets – Cancer patients undergo blood and platelet transfusions due to
the effects of chemotherapy. Donating your blood and/or platelets is a priceless gift you can give that only requires a little time.
3. Donate Hair – If your hair is long enough you can get it cut and donate it to organizations that
make wigs for cancer patients that have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. Hair loss can have
an emotional effect on cancer patients and having a wig made of real hair can help make them
feel better about their appearance.
4. Relay For Life – This is an event organized by the American Cancer Society. You can form
a team and help raise money through fund raising. Participating in the event will also show
your support for those affected by cancer. Fund raising and forming a team will again take time
and organizational skills.
5. Send Cards – Another way to touch the lives of people affected by cancer is by sending cards
to lift their spirits. There are organizations that provide the contact information to do so.
These are just a few ideas of ways you can help those affected by cancer. For more ways you can help please visit http://www.leukemia-cure.com/leukemia-charities.html.